Stages of Recruitment Procedure
The Meghalaya Public Service Commission (MPSC) was established in the year 1972 as an authority to conduct written examinations and interviews for recruitment into various posts in the Government of Meghalaya.
- Issue of Advertisement.
- Acceptance of Applications.
- Scrutiny of Applications and selection of eligible Candidates as per term of the Advertisement
- Except for recruitment to those posts where holding of Written Examination is mandatory, the Commission, depending on the number of application received, will decide if written/screening test should be held to shortlist the number of eligible candidates. Two factors are considered by the Commission in this matter, viz, (i) Number of Posts (ii) No of Applications received. The guiding principle is that the number of candidates to be called for a personal interview and the number of vacancies should be linked roughly by a ratio of 5:1.
- Individual notice, calling for deposit of examination fee.
- Fixing of Examination Schedule and intimation to all candidates who have deposited the Examination fee.
- Arrangement of Examination Centres, Appointment of Supervisor, Invigilators, Identification of question setters, Preparation of sufficient copies of Question papers and conduct of Written Examinations.
- Compilation of written marks.
- Decide cut off marks and publication of list of qualified candidates.
- Fixing dates for Personal Interviews and issue of Individual notices to candidate qualified to be called for Personal Interview.
- Publication of Recommended List and forwarding of the list to the Department concerned.