Stages of Recruitment Procedure
The Meghalaya Public Service Commission (MPSC) was established in the year 1972 as an authority to conduct written examinations and interviews for recruitment into various posts in the Government of Meghalaya.
- Issue of Advertisement.
- Acceptance of Applications.
- Preliminary Scrutiny of Applications and selection of eligible Candidates as per terms of the Advertisement.
- Publishing of the Ineligilibility List, whereby applicants whose names feature in the list are required to file a representation with documented proof for reason(s) against such proposed rejection.
- Publishing of Final Notice after re-scrutinization of the representation received.
- Except for recruitment to those posts where holding of Written Examination/Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory, the Commission, depending on the number of applications received, will decide if Preliminary /Written/Screening test /Screening Practical Test/Main Examination should be held to shortlist the number of eligible candidates. Three factors are considered by the Commission in this matter, viz, (i) Number of Posts (ii) No of Applications received and (iii) Type of post.
- Fixing of Examination Schedule and intimation to eligible candidates.
- Arrangement of Examination Centres, Appointment of Supervisor, Invigilators, Identification of question setters, Preparation of sufficient copies of Question papers and conduct of Written Examinations/Screening Test, etc.
- Compilation of marks.
- Decide cut off marks and publication of list of qualified candidates.
- Fixing dates for Personal Interviews and issue of Individual notices to candidate qualified to be called for Personal Interview.
- Publication of Recommended List and forwarding of the list to the Department concerned.
- Admission at all stages of the recruitment process for which the candidates are admitted by the Commission will be purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If at any stage of the recruitment process, it is found that the applicants do not fulfil any of the eligilibility conditions; their candidature for the post will automatically be cancelled by the Commission without notice.